Skip to main content

Cares and Concerns

It seems so normal to be bothered by unusual events in life. However, if  I just suspend judgement, for the time being, things change in a very new way.

Cares and concerns are the realms of mind and the real genesis of life lies somewhere else. So even logically there is really no reason to be bothered by whatever happens in life. The moment I learn to say so, I am set free. There have been many instances to prove that life only wants to test my resolve to be willing to see what is otherwise not visible then. And reward handsomely.

All decisions which are not backed by logical conclusions are not necessarily inferior ones. In fact, my experience says they are the best and to go for. With this, I am able to forget bitterness or not hold others responsible and move on for the better.

I recall an incident where I had sold my inverter scrap to the person who had installed it many years ago. The value of the deal was already settled and one day the team arrived to take care of the scrap. Once the things had left my house, the person in charge handed me a cheque for the value of the deal. I found it a bit odd as the amount was small and should have been paid in cash. Anyway, I let it pass and did not make a fuss about it. When I was to deposit the cheque I noticed that the date on the cheque was a couple of days later. Depositing the cheque was a small hassle as I had to go to the home branch for KYC updation and the branch had changed address. Anyway, I just went through the motion without holding any negativity any further. A couple of weeks later I received a call from my bank if I will come to collect the cheque or if it should be posted. I did not understand this request but after more asking, it came to be known that cheque was returned because of insufficient funds. I was now angry and I made the call to the inverter man but his phone was not reachable. I let it pass and continued with what I was doing. I made a second call sometime later and again no connection. I did not allow this thought to create any mess and rather continued with what I was doing. Less than an hour later I received a knock on my door which is unusual I see the inverter man at the door with the money and I was completely surprised. I was just speechless and this understanding got reinforced that there is absolutely no reason to fret and frown and store negativity on account of any incidents in life. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What moves people

Compassion, care, empathy.... Nothing moves like money which is the quantifiable expression of ego. All actions which impact it positively (mean enhance this) will be given favourable considerations and other actions will not get management's approval even if they create greater impact taking all stakeholders into account. Responsible travel, environmentally sustainable style of work, etc are at worst the garb to rationalise the greedy money making behaviour. It does not fill me with cynicism but makes me think of more creative ways to make the management aware of the impact of its actions for society at large.

TVless road to Success

I would be quite interested in knowing who has benefitted from consuming the content shown on TV. To create deception these days TVs are being called Smart TV but to me, it is still an idiot box only. Tving strengthens the running away tendencies. It deprives good sleep as our garbage box of mind keeps getting bigger and our minds will keep ruminating.  For someone on the spiritual path, this is surely an issue to be dealt with at the earliest as Tving is the senseless filling of the mind with trash content while the spiritual process is about emptying it from the non-essential. With movie content available so freely, it struck me that such content is so engaging and addictive. I f one is spending time binge-watching of web series, there will be no time left to earn to finance this downhill-taking habit. The inbuilt self-destruction is apparent. There is so much innovation /research in content creation that one can be glued for hours . It is the surest way to destruction. In th

Gurgaon and who benefits

I am the latest whose work has moved to Gurgaon now- April 2009. And still wondering who has benefitted from the monstrous creation. It reminds me of Fatehpur Sikri which was created on the king's desire but later abondoned as it did not benefit large stakeholders. Every day I have been asking myself who has benefitted from the creation of Gurgaon and resounding answer has always been the builders whose only interests were the developed square feet which needed to be monetized soon. If the city has become a dust bowl , they do not care as they live far off. If the access to the building they have created is clogged, they are not really bothered as it is not their domain. If there is no green patch for miles around and drought and very unusual and disasterous weather pattern is imminent, it is not their concern. Would be nice to know how others feel about this.